The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County announce 2019 grant awards for two of its funds, the Hildred Neff Memorial Fund and the Sean Warner Memorial Endowment Fund. The Hildred Neff Memorial Fund was established in 2012 with a gift from the estate of Hildred Neff, a Rockingham County native. The fund benefits agencies that provide for the needs of both domestic and wild animals. This year the following organizations will receive grant funding for projects submitted through an application process:
- Anicira Veterinary Center – Alleviating Animal Suffering through Access to Veterinary Care project – $3,525 awarded
- Cat’s Cradle of the Shenandoah Valley, Inc. – Pet Retention for Low Income and Vulnerable Population project – $3,525 awarded
- Rockingham Harrisonburg SPCA – Increasing Adoption Readiness project – $7,167 awarded
- Valley Rescue Allies Incorporated – Pet Retention and Re-homing project – $3,525 awarded
- Wildlife Center of Virginia – Treatment of Sick, Injured, and Orphaned Wildlife from Harrisonburg & Rockingham County project – $1,000 awarded
The Sean Warner Memorial Endowment Fund was established by Mark and Susan Warner to honor the memory of their son by helping other children. This fund was created to contribute to general charitable purposes within the area of emotional support services for children of divorced parents. This grant is awarded every other year and the following organization is the 2019 grant recipient: Family Life Resource Center – $449 awarded
To learn more about these and other opportunities for grant funding visit the Grants Available page.