The Great Community Give takes place on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 from sunrise to sunset. April 7 begins a period of Early Giving for this annual event.
What is ‘Early Giving’?
Early Giving is defined as the time range where donors can make their gifts to their favorite local charities before the Great Community Give event on April 21, 2021. Donors can make a gift to a participating nonprofit organization starting April 7, 2021 through April 20, 2021. Donors’ gifts will not be displayed on the website until 6:30AM on April 21, 2021. Donors’ ‘early gifts’ will be counted towards nonprofits’ overall online fundraising totals and will count towards determination of Leaderboard prizes. Early gifts will NOT count towards the determination of Power Hour prizes or Golden Tickets on the day of Great Community Give.
Donors’ payment methods, whether they be credit cards, e-checks, ($50 or more), or Mobile Wallet, will be immediately charged once their donation has been made.
NEW! Give back via cash and checks sent DIRECTLY to your favorite nonprofit organizations. Make checks payable to the nonprofit of your choice and write ‘Great Community Give’ in the memo line.
The Community Foundation was notified that DonorCentral (the platform donor advisors use to submit grants and view fund statements) will not be available for use after March 15th. The foundation is moving to the next version called DonorCentral NXT. Donors can submit grants on the new system today, March 15.
This is the process moving forward:
- A welcome email is being sent to donors today, March 15th – the Go Live date. If you are a Community Foundation fund holder and did not receive this email, please contact [email protected] .
- March 15th is the first date donors will be able to sign in to the new system.
- A donor’s Blackbaud/DonorCentral NXT id will be the email TCFHR has on fi
- Donors should follow the instructions in the welcome email to create a password for the system.
- After a donor’s initial login, the donor will still be able to login from our website tcfhr.org by clicking on Fundholder Login which will connect you to our Blackbaud website/DonorCentral NXT.( https://tcfhr.donorcentral.com )
- A Quick Start guide can be found on our website, and the guide will also be available under the Resources tab of the new site.
As always, feel free to contact us at 540-432-3863 with your questions as we all get used to this new process. While we didn’t choose this update, the new system is user-friendly and will allow fund advisors to see all of their fund information in new ways.