The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County and United Way of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County established the COVID-19 HR Community Response Fund to provide flexible resources to Harrisonburg and Rockingham County nonprofits that are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of this pandemic. 501(c)3 nonprofit local community-based organizations will be eligible for funding. An application for funding is now available.
Grant Guidelines, Basic Eligibility & Timeline
RECOVERY PHASE – Round 3 will provide grants, that meet eligibility criteria, to nonprofit organizations. Applications will be reviewed and, if approved, processed within one week of review. Grant applications will be accepted starting January 11, 2021. Applications will be reviewed by The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County and The United Way of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County. Deadline for all applications is January 15 at 5:00 pm.
• Grants are limited to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and groups fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are not able to fund individuals directly
• Have local leadership in the form of a board of directors or advisory committee, local financial support, and local program management and accountability
• TCFHR honors the rich diversity of our community and promotes equal opportunities for all people. TCFHR supports organizations, projects and programs that do not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics. TCFHR does not knowingly award grants to organizations that illegally discriminate in their hiring, those they accept as volunteers or the clients they serve.
• Nonprofit organization must have a principal place of business located within or serving Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.
• Program expenses and/or operational expenses may be eligible for funding.
• Applicants must follow standard procedures to ensure grants funds are distributed in a timely manner for designated purposes.
• Applicants must agree to submit reporting of all expenditures by March 31, 2021 to The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County.
A grant report will be due to The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County no later than March 31, 2021. A template for reporting purposes will be provided to all nonprofit organizations by February 1, 2021.
• Application Deadline: January 15, 2021 at 5pm
• Applications reviewed on January 19, 2021 Grants processed by January 21, 2021
Please submit completed applications to:
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County
Contact: Ann Siciliano
Director of Program Services TCFHR
This Giving Tuesday on December 1st, 2020, The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County is encouraging the community to connect with and give directly to nonprofit organizations listed in Giving Back, a giving guide for the greater community, donor advisors, private foundations, civic groups, and giving circles. Community members can learn more about nonprofits’ needs in TCFHR’s Giving Back published through the Daily News-Record, and online at www.tcfhr.org.
Each year, TCFHR publishes this giving guide to create awareness for nonprofit organizations’ requests for funding. The Community Foundation’s fourth edition of Giving Back comes at a pivotal time for local nonprofit organizations in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. This year, nonprofit organizations are going above and beyond providing critical services for our community in times of great need. Many of the projects you will see in this year’s publication reflects the adaptability of the local nonprofit community.
“TCFHR understands that donors’ interests are varied, some very specific and others simply want to give back to a community they call home. Most are hopes and dreams for a better community and a better world. As we near the end of 2020, please consider the community needs listed in Giving Back when you plan your charitable giving on Giving Tuesday on December 1st and through the rest of this year.” – Revlan Hill, Executive Director.
Gifts of $10, $50, $100, or more will benefit these nonprofits greatly for their service provision. Individuals may choose to send funding directly to a nonprofit agency listed in this publication. Contact information for each nonprofit can be found in Giving Back. Donations are at the discretion of individual donors, corporations, civic clubs and grants committees. Donors may contribute from their funds at The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County. Community members may also let TCFHR know if they would like to establish a charitable fund to benefit many of these nonprofit organizations through the Community Foundation. “With our solid record of success and through continued partnership and collaboration, we aspire to create and manage many more charitable funds to serve this community today and in perpetuity.” – Revlan Hill, Executive Director.
Great Community Give returns on April 21, 2021. As Harrisonburg and Rockingham County’s community wide giving day, Great Community Give has had exceptional response as a one-day fundraising event in support of our area non-profit agencies. Eligible nonprofit organizations may start registering today, November 18th.
GCG 2020 organizers are encouraging nonprofit agencies to participate. We don’t want any eligible nonprofit organization to miss the opportunity to be part of this effort. If you are a volunteer, serve on a board or part of the staff and would like to register visit www.greatcommunitygive.org. Nonprofit registration closes January 18, 2021. For information contact Amanda Bomfim at 432-3863 or email@example.com.