The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County (TCFHR) is excited to offer a new online system for scholarship applications. Students may access the new system to determine eligibility to apply for 2022 scholarship awards. TCFHR provides a variety of scholarship opportunities for students seeking to receive financial assistance as they prepare for college or graduate school. TCFHR also has one award specifically for high school juniors!
Some scholarship awards are merit-based, some financial need based, others focus on a particular area of study, while some are specific to high school athletes. Some awards are for students graduating from certain high schools, one for students whose parents are employed at a specified list of golf clubs throughout the United States, and another specifically for high school coaches or athletic directors in the Shenandoah Valley who wish to nominate a track athlete. TCFHR also offers a scholarship specifically for students transferring from BRCC or LFCC to a 4-year university, and one for students doing graduate level work at EMU.
The Community Foundation offers 19 different scholarship opportunities through the new online system. We encourage students, track coaches or athletic directors to explore what might be available to them. Deadline for all applications is April 11.
CLICK HERE to determine eligibility to apply!
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County is seeking a Development Officer. This is a full-time position. This position is open until filled. CLICK HERE to learn more…..
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County’s annual competitive Fall grant cycle came to a close on November 17 with excited Board approval. This cycle’s grants total $78,934 to 14 local nonprofit organizations. The monies distributed will go to H-R nonprofits addressing needs in:
· Animal welfare (Still Meadows Enrichment Center & Camp, Cat’s Cradle, Anicira, Wildlife Center of VA) made by Hildred Neff Memorial Fund
· Arts & culture (Northeast Neighborhood Association, Arts Council of the Valley, OASIS Fine Art & Craft) made by Valley Arts & Culture Fund and Mary Spitzer Etter Endowed Fund
· Healthcare (Adagio House, Family Life Resource Center, JMU Suitcase Clinic, Kingsway Prison and Family Outreach) made by Alvin Baird Endowed Fund
· Housing (Central Valley Habitat for Humanity) made by Janet Sohn Endowed Fund
· Greatest benefit to Harrisonburg and Rockingham County (Plains Area Daycare Center, Village to Village) made by The Community Endowment Fund
Grant distributions come from funds held at TCFHR and determined by a grants committee. Funds established at The Community Foundation are a result of collaboration between generous, community-centered individuals and TCFHR. For more information on how to contribute to funds held at The Community Foundation or how to establish a fund yourself, call 540-432-3863 or email Ann Siciliano [email protected]. The Community Foundation has enjoyed a solid record of success and, through continued partnership and collaboration, they aspire to establish and manage more charitable funds that will serve this community today and in perpetuity.
Read more about Community Foundation 2021 competitive grant awards.