Some charitable giving options provide significant tax savings for your clients.
- Does your client need to make a large donation or an IRA distribution in the current year for tax reasons, but wants the ability to preserve all or a portion of the donation to grant out to nonprofit agencies over time?
- Does your client wish to receive a 65% Virginia state tax credit while supporting educational scholarships for students with financial need?
Area of Interest Funds target nonprofit services important to your clients.
- Do your clients have a specific areas (i.e., literacy, hunger, animal care, sports, education, etc.) to which they want to make charitable donations but they need assistance locating a reputable nonprofit service provider in that field?
Flexible options make charitable giving simple for your clients.
- Do your clients know what agencies they want to give to but are experiencing hurdles in making it happen? For example, they want to make a gift of appreciated securities but the nonprofit organization doesn’t have the capacity to accept it, or they want to make one donation of securities to multiple nonprofit agencies.
- Is your client interested in creating a scholarship, but not the administrative burden that goes along with promoting the scholarship, creating an application process, funding the scholarship, and monitoring the recipients?
- Does your client currently have a private foundation that has become too cumbersome to manage?
- Does your client want to make a planned gift to include in their will? Would they benefit from a third party to ensure their charitable wishes are being met even after they pass on?