The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County Financials
We are a public charity, providing tax-exempt giving options with a focus on the needs of the Harrisonburg & Rockingham County community.
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County is a nonstock Virginia corporation organized and operated exclusively for nonprofit, religious, charitable and educational purposes. The IRS recognizes TCFHR as a public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Tax Code. Charitable donations to The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County are tax-exempt and can benefit specific areas of need or multiple nonprofits across our community. Click here to download a copy of our IRS Determination Letter.
Transparency and accountability demonstrate our commitment to integrity.
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County exists to establish and manage charitable funds to support the needs of the local community. It does this by acting as trustee for charitable endowments, donor advised funds and local nonprofit agency funds. Safeguarding these funds for current and future community needs is central to the mission of The Community Foundation. With over $52 million in assets and growing every year, this is no small task. To that end, we
- Use a highly specialized accounting system designed specifically for charitable fund accounting.
- Employ a highly qualified staff including a Certified Public Accountant.
- Are led by an involved and highly qualified Board of Directors including well respected lawyers, accountants and financial advisors in the area.
- Work with locally based professional investment managers to ensure the viability of its investments.
- Contract with one of the largest public accounting firms in the state of Virginia (with local roots of course) to perform a full audit of its financials annually.
At The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County, we place significant emphasis on our fiduciary role as holder and manager of community funds. Key to this role is accountability and transparency in what we do. Below please find links to our financial statements and Form 990 tax returns (including any 990-T returns required in a given year) for the past three years. The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County is not normally required to file Form 990-T. Certain types of stock gifts or unrelated business income may trigger the requirement to file Form 990-T in a given year. If one is filed, it will be posted here along with the regular Form 990 for that tax year. Should you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to meet with you.
Please take a moment to review our:
Audited Financial Statements
- 2017-18 audited financial statements
- 2016-17 audited financial statements
- 2015-16 audited financial statements
- 2014-15 audited financial statements
- 2013-14 audited financial statements
- 2012-13 audited financial statements
IRS Form 990’s & 990-T: