Nonprofits serving Harrisonburg residents that missed out on the first round of City of Harrisonburg CARES Act nonprofit assistance program grants and still need support due to COVID-19’s impact on their operations can now apply for round two of the program.
The City will accept funding requests in the area of Service Interruption. This program will provide funds to organizations that can demonstrate they have had to interrupt their services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
These funds will be available to nonprofit organizations who meet this criteria:
- Are in good standing with the Virginia State Corporation Commission
- Can provide proof of nonprofit status
- Can provide a copy of its most recent IRS Form 990, Form 990-EZ, or 990-an
- Can demonstrate their services have been affected by COVID-19
- Can demonstrate that they serve Harrisonburg residents, even if headquarters is not located in Harrisonburg
- Was not awarded funding in Round One of the CARES Act Nonprofit Assistance Program announced November 3 and November 4
Organizations may request up to a maximum of $50,000.
This funding can only be used to cover costs incurred between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020. Revenue replacement is not a permissible use of funds. Revenue includes service fees, contributions, fundraising, investment returns or other sources of income that are part of the organization’s budget. The CARES Act coronavirus relief funding must be expended by December 30, 2020 and any unused funds must be returned to the City.
It is anticipated that funding awards will be announced on or about November 20, 2020. Upon award, organizations will be required to sign a certification or agreement regarding the organization’s understanding of the appropriate use of funds as it relates to spending requirements of the CARES Act coronavirus relief funds.
A list of Frequently Asked Questions and a registration link for the Friday, November 13th Information Session is available at: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/non-profit-cares-act
Contact Amy Snider, Assistant to the City Manager, with any application questions at [email protected]
Deadline for applications is Monday, November 16 at 12:00PM. CLICK HERE for the application.