Grant Application Available for COVID-19 HR Community Response funding
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County and United Way of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County established the COVID-19 HR Community Response Fund to provide flexible resources to Harrisonburg and Rockingham County nonprofits that are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of this pandemic. 501(c)3 nonprofit local community-based organizations will be eligible for funding. An application for funding is now available.
Grant Guidelines, Basic Eligibility & Timeline
RECOVERY PHASE – Round 3 will provide grants, that meet eligibility criteria, to nonprofit organizations. Applications will be reviewed and, if approved, processed within one week of review. Grant applications will be accepted starting January 11, 2021. Applications will be reviewed by The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County and The United Way of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County. Deadline for all applications is January 15 at 5:00 pm.
• Grants are limited to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and groups fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are not able to fund individuals directly
• Have local leadership in the form of a board of directors or advisory committee, local financial support, and local program management and accountability
• TCFHR honors the rich diversity of our community and promotes equal opportunities for all people. TCFHR supports organizations, projects and programs that do not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics. TCFHR does not knowingly award grants to organizations that illegally discriminate in their hiring, those they accept as volunteers or the clients they serve.
• Nonprofit organization must have a principal place of business located within or serving Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.
• Program expenses and/or operational expenses may be eligible for funding.
• Applicants must follow standard procedures to ensure grants funds are distributed in a timely manner for designated purposes.
• Applicants must agree to submit reporting of all expenditures by March 31, 2021 to The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County.
A grant report will be due to The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County no later than March 31, 2021. A template for reporting purposes will be provided to all nonprofit organizations by February 1, 2021.
• Application Deadline: January 15, 2021 at 5pm
• Applications reviewed on January 19, 2021 Grants processed by January 21, 2021
Please submit completed applications to:
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg & Rockingham County
Contact: Ann Siciliano
Director of Program Services TCFHR