Funding Addresses Local Needs
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County’s annual competitive Fall grant cycle came to a close on November 17 with excited Board approval. This cycle’s grants total $78,934 to 14 local nonprofit organizations. The monies distributed will go to H-R nonprofits addressing needs in:
· Animal welfare (Still Meadows Enrichment Center & Camp, Cat’s Cradle, Anicira, Wildlife Center of VA) made by Hildred Neff Memorial Fund
· Arts & culture (Northeast Neighborhood Association, Arts Council of the Valley, OASIS Fine Art & Craft) made by Valley Arts & Culture Fund and Mary Spitzer Etter Endowed Fund
· Healthcare (Adagio House, Family Life Resource Center, JMU Suitcase Clinic, Kingsway Prison and Family Outreach) made by Alvin Baird Endowed Fund
· Housing (Central Valley Habitat for Humanity) made by Janet Sohn Endowed Fund
· Greatest benefit to Harrisonburg and Rockingham County (Plains Area Daycare Center, Village to Village) made by The Community Endowment Fund
Grant distributions come from funds held at TCFHR and determined by a grants committee. Funds established at The Community Foundation are a result of collaboration between generous, community-centered individuals and TCFHR. For more information on how to contribute to funds held at The Community Foundation or how to establish a fund yourself, call 540-432-3863 or email Ann Siciliano [email protected]. The Community Foundation has enjoyed a solid record of success and, through continued partnership and collaboration, they aspire to establish and manage more charitable funds that will serve this community today and in perpetuity.
Read more about Community Foundation 2021 competitive grant awards.