Important Year – End Deadlines
- Friday, December 15 – Please submit your grant request to The Community Foundation by this date to ensure processing in 2017. Note that grants to new nonprofits, unusual requests, and pass through funds may need additional time as well. All donor advisors with a fundholder login should submit grant requests no later than this date to ensure processing by the end of the calendar year. Note that for established funds, timing of grant disbursements from the funds has no bearing on tax deductibility.
- Wednesday, December 20 – Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) – Preauthorization Request Forms for the Education Improvement Scholarships Tax Credit Program must be given to Community Foundation staff for processing through the VDOE online portal.
- Wednesday, December 27 – Gifts of Stock & Mutual Funds must be received in The Community Foundation brokerage account before the end of the year. In order to ensure receipt, please plan to have your gifts of stock and mutual funds to us by 2:00PM on the 27th. A guarantee for processing in 2017 will depend on the type of security and its deliverability. Please call for more information.
- Friday, December 29– Gifts hand delivered to The Community Foundation must be received in our offices by 5:00 pm.
- Saturday, December 30 – Gifts mailed to The Community Foundation must be postmarked no later than this date for the donor to receive a 2017 IRS tax receipt.